667 Blaxland Rd, Eastwood NSW 2122, Australia
My idea to improve this place
Make Epping and Somerville Park – “A green and family friendly park & oval that can be enjoyed by the whole community and native animals as well
So that people could...
The Oval was at the very southern end of Hornsby Council and probably the reason it was neglected.
Somerville Park is used by many sporting groups, schools and residents. It lacks playground facilities, and is lacking in trees, shrub and garden planting especially around the outskirts towards Blaxland Rd
There are many positive reasons for Parramatta Council to plant greenery and shrubbery in Somerville Oval and upgrade the play equipment including:
1. To help local native wildlife, It provides the final piece to the bush corridor along Terry’s Creek linking Edna Hunt Sanctuary Epping, Somerville Oval Epping, Vimera Reserve Epping ,Pembroke Reserve Epping all to the Lane Cove River National Park (see attached Bush Corridor Photos)
2. Offer better protection from the sun for users of the park especially those families watching the sport,
3. Offer better protection from the road noise for the residents playing sport, the childcare and those many using the park for Tai Chi,
4. Offer protection by creating a natural barrier/fence to stop children (especially from the childcare and playground) from running straight onto the ever increasing traffic on Blaxland Rd, &
5. To beautify the oval,
6. Great for the environment
7. Improve the playground so children who live in units have somewhere to nice to play.
Sample photos have been attached of parks on busy roads that have been tree lined to offer noise reduction & visual screen and protection eg. Barlett Park Ermington, Lions Park West Ryde, Yamble Reserve Ryde. I have also included plans for tree planting and the bushland corridor
This idea was submitted on behalf of Tony
Because I want Epping to be...
The purpose is to make Epping and Somerville Park – “A green and family friendly park & oval that can be enjoyed by the whole community and native animals as well